To manage our residential skilling campus and transform it into a vibrant innovation center that fosters novel, highly effective, methods of teaching and learning to create competencies needed by college graduates from rural India for successful careers. Be responsible for a team of innovators who will identify, develop and launch new scalable skilling programs to serve the needs of emerging sectors that promise high growth.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- The COO must have an understanding of the Indian collegiate education system and its challenges, and be capable of building areas of research and innovation that will have significant impact on student competencies and employability.
- Conduct needs assessment specific for rural communities in collaboration with local, state and national education and government agencies, and business and community service groups.
- The incumbent will manage our campus at Hubli, Karnataka, and transform it into a vibrant innovation center that will identify, develop and launch new scalable skilling programs to serve the needs of emerging sectors that promise high growth. The Hubli center currently has a staff of around 80.
- Serve as primary administrator for education initiatives, innovation and applied research facilities and development of new facilities.
Key Competency and Skills:
- The candidate must have an undergraduate degree.
- The location of the position is Hubli, Karnataka.
- Experience with managing a large team of educators.